Thursday, May 21, 2015

Prayer Changes Things...

Mom called me on my way to work and we were discussing Kori's left arm.
Russ had filled me in on the details of her gimpy arm yesterday.
He explained it like this...
"You know how you lift someone's arm up and say...  Let your arm fall and don't try and stop it.  And the arm falls, but no matter how hard you try to just let it fall, there is still some muscle involvement there.  Well, in Kori's case, her arm just falls like it weighs 500 pounds.  There is literally NO control at all."

Mom said...  "I think we need to start praying specifically for her arm.  Her leg is much more mobile than her arm, it's still not perfect, but it's better.  However, her arm is another story."

About two hours later Dad sent a text 

Dad:  SHE MOVED HER...

Mom:  She moved her what?

 Dad:   ARM!!

And then he called and he was crying and he was so excited.  

And Mom says to me
Prayer changes things....  Just sayin'

Today, Kori got to go to the salon and get her hair washed for real.
Kori said the stylist was sweet and asked if she should braid her hair to get it out of her face

Ahhhhhh......   there she is
This is the Kori I know.


What a cute braid

And finally,  a cute nurse came in to Kori's room today and asked her about her 
26.2 stickers that she has displayed in her room.  She didn't know what they were.
 Kori explained that they were Marathon Stickers and that a marathon is an event where you run for 26.2 miles.
The nurse asked her if she'd ever run one.
Kori said...  "yep, three of them."

The nurse said
"Girl, you're crazy.  I hate to walk."

And Kori said
"I'm going to run another one and when I do, I'll send you a picture of me with my medal."

Goals.

6 comments:

  1. We love this post!!! Wonderful news! We will pray for her arm to continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding Nemo was on tv the other night and t thought how fitting me ang my gimpy fin... Just keep swimming just keep swimming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!

      Delete
  3. Funny how fast life can change and ho w you can suddenly relate to something that never would have been given a thought in the past

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kori, your a great example of positive thinking and attitude and work and prayer! Thanks! Mary and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be you girl!! http://www.runnersworld.com/health/brain-surgery-survivor-inspires-her-doctor?cid=social46838026&adbid=10152828845241987&adbpl=fb&adbpr=9815486986

    ReplyDelete