Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Everything is bigger in Texas

Houston got a little rain this past weekend.  
I have never had the pleasure of being in Houston. 
I really don't foresee ever going there.  
I am sure it is a lovely city.
But, my perception of Houston is
if it is not one thing it's another.
Dad said whenever you hear a Texan say things are bigger in Texas,  you need to believe them.
Remember how just last night I reported that Kori was coming home on Saturday
Well........

The rains came down and the floods came up

The nurse shift change didn't happen because half the nurses couldn't get to work.  
Breakfast couldn't be served because food couldn't be delivered to the hospital.
Poor Kori had to eat cold cereal.
So, Dad walked over to McDonalds and so did 100 other people.
The city was on high alert and was told to stay indoors, but when the man feels like eating hotcakes....
he stops at nothing and risks it all. 
Then Dad asked the nurse if he could take Kori outside.
And she said "sure as long as you promise to come back"
SHOOT!  Plan foiled.

She practiced her left leg lifts
And enjoyed a cool breeze on her face. 

Later in the day
Dad was helping Kori order lunch and on the menu were

"SF Cookies" 

and he said MMMM....... I bet that stands for San Fransisco.  San Fransisco Cookies sound good.

Turns out they were Sugar Free Cookies

And they were NOT good
Not good at all.

Cold cereal and Sugar Free Cookies 
What a lousy day

The coming home date still remains to be unknown.
The therapists were supposed to meet today and officially set a release date but half the employees couldn't make it into work.  So we will try again Thursday.

Way to go, Houston
Love ya Lots

4 comments:

  1. Who assumes the SF stands for San Fran??...in Texas of all places? :)
    I bet PRE-Tumor Kori would have LOVED sugar free cookies...just like she LOVED her salad with NO dressing and eating raw veggies without ranch dip??...and how she LOVED running 26.2 miles on a Saturday. Just saying.
    I am so glad she got to go outside...now if we can just get her ON A PLANE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought SF stood for San Francisco! Who wants a sugar free cookie! That's like cookie suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sanfrancisco treat tasted like lemon flavored cardboard poor dad I teased him all night about San francisco treats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I gave myself my first shot inthe stomach it is one thing for nurwes to inflict pai upon you , it is a whole different story to inflict pain upon yourself ... I was shaking, but I did it!!! Once a day for a few months I couldn't change de rO's mind about it ... I told him I thought we were going to be friends!!!

    ReplyDelete