Thursday, May 28, 2015

Four Wheelin'

The following description of Thursday, May 28th is straight out of Jim's mouth...
Well... actually he typed a text to Mom and then she put it on a group message
and I could not write it better and also I am lazy and so...  here it is

"Today I have spent the day actually being Kori's therapist. 
In Occupational Therapy,  I helped her get from the bed to her chair,  from her chair to the potty" 

(Okay, wait..... I must digress for a moment and express that I LOVE that he used the word potty)

And then he added that this was SIMPLY an exercise.  There was actually no potty usage.  

Then he helped her back to the chair and then back to the bed.

"Then we moved on to Physical Therapy where she was fitted for a Permobil Power Wheelchair.  They gave her a loaner to practice with and she turned the 8th floor into a bowling alley.  First she knocked down everything in her path, then she ran over my foot and trapped me against the wall in the elevator.  And I suppose I had it coming after yesterday's injury.
 I helped her walk two laps.
Then we moved on to the stairwell and they asked her to climb two stairs and of course, she climbed three.  Always the competitor. And she spent the rest of the day practicing with her chair and perfecting her 360s."

Tiffany was her partner in crime today.  


And here are some more photos of her new wheels.
Dad says it's the fanciest chair he's ever seen.  It reclines, it tilts, it goes up and down, has various speeds, it has a horn, the foot rests move up and down and is comfy as shown.

(Okay...  wait, it has a horn?)  

Totally Rad

10 comments:

  1. Let me add that dad teased me relentlessly about my driving but when he tried to drive it he ran over his own foot!!!it is not as easy as it looks much easier to walk somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Raosaw my crazy driving an d I think started having doubts about letting me go then walked slap around the floor an my release papers were signed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th I walked a fast lap around the floor he toldad how impressed he was at how well I was getting around walking and then he signed my releasepapers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome Kori! Check out the cute little girls in the background of your picture, they totally want a turn cruising around in your sweet ride! Can't wait to have you home! Don't let Garrett drive your chair; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're awesome Kori! Check out the cute little girls in the background of your picture, they totally want a turn cruising around in your sweet ride! Can't wait to have you home! Don't let Garrett drive your chair; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just broke several bones in my left foot using my new wheels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Karma for making fun of your cute Dad!! Congrats on your release date!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. X-ray said nothing broken just really bruised and swollen

    ReplyDelete