Monday, May 18, 2015

Positivity.... Is that a word?

I am so lucky that I get to post on the blog during these days.  I am really liking these days.  These days are so much easier to report on.  I like that every day is better than the last.  And there is noticeable progress.

I thought of a story today about Kori.  Another one to show the type of person that she is.  In October, my husband and I planned a trip to New York.  It was on my bucket list.  But the closer we came to leaving, the more agitated I became.  I was so afraid that my plane was going to crash and my little babies wouldn't have parents.  I knew my big kids could survive that, but not my babies.  My husband and I drafted up a will, which was one of the hardest things I have ever done and we pondered and prayed who we would leave them to.  Who would love them as much as we do? Who would take the best care of them?  I cried for four days.  For some reason, I can't remember, we got together with the family a couple of days before our trip and I expressed my agony and I could hardly say the words, it was so painful.  And Kori turned to me and in the most compassionate voice I have ever heard, like an angel, she said...

"Kaci, I will take your kids.  I will take them and I will love them like my own.  And I will put them in dance and music classes and I will make sure that Ryker plays every sport there is."

My heart calmed down immediately.  And I was so comforted.  I didn't feel nervous for one minute on my trip....  Not for the future of my children at least.  I even had the thought.... sadly, they most likely may have been better off in Kori's care.  She is one of the greatest people I know.  I am so blessed to have her for my sister.

Just in case you were wondering what her mind set is these days:  here is a conversation between she and my mom.

Kori:  Hi Mom.  I just finished showering.  And I dressed myself all by myself.  I am completely worn out.

Mom:  Awesome!!  I mean really....  it hasn't even been 3 weeks since your surgery and stroke and look what you're doing!!  Amazing!  And you should be tired.

Kori:  Imagine what I will be doing in three more weeks.  I am determined to be back home, being independent.

Mom:  I can't wait to see that!!   I love watching miracles happen.

Kori:  Oh,  I will impress you.  I promise.

That is the power of positive thinking at its finest.  Positivity,  I'll call it.  She has always been a positive thinker, a logical thinker and an optimist.  An inspiration.  And why wouldn't she be now?  When WE all need it the most.  All of us, who unfortunately were NOT blessed with that gift.  Like I said...  we are so lucky to have her for our sister.
Today she had a delicious lunch (on the observation deck again) with her besties, Tami and Tiffany, or TNT as my dad calls them.  Looks like it was a super fun time.  I am not sure what that Dragon Creature is, but it is matching the headband real nicely.  I also like that that black eye is almost gone.

And I like that these days are good.

ONE MORE WEEK!!



4 comments:

  1. I like to think of th season as a tumor eater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You should sneak that dragon home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sweetioffered to take your kid because ruryker right up my alley he wouldn't last a week with mom. I can do the boy thing

    ReplyDelete