Monday, June 22, 2015

Let the treatments begin

Monday June 22, 2015
Radiation began.
The session lasted 10 minutes
and I think everything went smoothly

But Mom said Kori was very.... VERY nervous
and anxious
and teary...
and SCARED
 I can't even imagine the thoughts running through her head
I would think it was something like this....

"...I don't want to do this
I know I have to because I can't get better unless I do this
but I don't want to do this.

And I am lucky that I get the chance to fight.
And I am lucky that I have a good prognosis
and that my doctors are so hopeful and positive.
And so I will fight...  for my kids
and for Russ

But man, I really don't want to do this..."

I asked Mom when it was over if it was
something that would get easier as she got used to it 
and not so scary with each passing day

And she said "Yes"
And so until there is another update,
we will go with this one...

First day down!


No comments:

Post a Comment