Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Good News Tuesday

I can hardly post these...
It makes my back ache.
I know therapy hurts, but there it is written all over her face.

Additionally, I could never be in a profession where I hurt people for a living.
Like those mean nurses who give shots to little babies.
And Dentists.
And people who work at Wells Fargo...
 I've seen this face before...
She makes it when she is breathing through her nose or
sometimes through her teeth
while she is going somewhere else in her mind.
I think pain on this side of her body is a good thing but it is pain nonetheless.
 I love this face.
She is either thinking...
"I freaking hate this place" or
"Someone better get me a Quarter Pounder pronto."
We have TREMENDOUSLY, FABULOUS news to report this fine day!!!

 Dr. Richards, who used to be my parents' Bishop and then Stake President and a few other people (I am sorry that I don't know their names) have been working for the last 48 hours on Kori's treatment plan and we are pleased and proud to announce that 

SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO TO HUNTSMAN
She can have the same level of care by doctors that we know and love here in St. George. 
She can be home with her family and sleep in her own bed and that is the best medicine of all. 
And she should begin treatment within a week (we hope). 

Her new doctor is Dr. Brian Tudor and in my mom's words....
"He is an oncologist and he is great and he will be "in charge" of her treatment.  You have no idea how good it feels to have someone in charge"

What a huge relief for everyone. 
Because originally, she was going to have to go up to Salt Lake on Sunday nights and have her treatments Monday through Friday and then, if she felt good enough she could come home and see her kids on the weekend... only to start all over on Sunday again.
For Six Weeks!!

This is so much better
What a blessing.
Tender Mercies for sure.

Thank you to all involved

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous news!!! Kori, you look so strong in these pics!! Thanks for the updates. We are ever mindful of your progress and hope and pray the next six weeks go by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we are so happy to hear that she gets to be home. The doctors, nurses, and hospital here in St. George are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can promise you that face was not asking for a quarter pounder... I would never never never eat one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the face that says ... My right arm still works and I have a strong right hook!!!if I'dsont throw up on you first you might experience my boxing skills...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so wonderful!!! We are so happy and thankful to hear this! It is a tender mercy for sure! We are so impressed with kori's determination! You are so amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great news. I just got chills reading about her treatment. How great to be in SG!! I'm with kori...never eating a quarter pounder. Ugh. Now an in n out burger is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. such great news! I'm so glad that you get to stay home... we miss you around here! I'll bring you lunch...hamburger with fries and a shake! you just tell me when. :)

    ReplyDelete