Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hey Pedalz.........

Today clicks off the fourth day of radiation and chemotherapy.  
26 more days of radiation
38 more days of chemotherapy
But, who's counting?
Oh....  wait.....  EVERYBODY

So far....  so good
No nausea.
She is a little more tired than usual, but it is hard to say if that is a result of the treatment or if it's a result of increased therapeutic work.  

When Kori was in Houston, she worked out on the bike.
And she loved it.
She told me how it was her workout of choice.

But I don't think she's been on the bike here yet...
Until yesterday.
Luke put her on the NuStep
and she found her groove and stayed in the gym 15 minutes longer than her normal time.
Mom says she usually can't get out of therapy fast enough.
But, yesterday she stayed and enjoyed her bike ride.
 I don't know why I am so in love with her legs, but I am.
Today she walked quite a bit on her own with very little help.
She also met with a new doctor, Dr. Vroenen.  She is an Acute Rehab Physician. 
And she works with Dr. Fox.
She met with Mom, Dad and Kori for an hour and a half trying to get a handle on exactly what Kori needs physically and emotionally to get through this.
She assured Kori that she would give her whatever support she needed.

I think we all could use a Dr. Vroenen.
Maybe she could get me some stuff that I need too
Because I can't get a grip.
And I am not even in the trenches.


Garrett has a baseball tournament this weekend.  His first game was tonight at DSU.  It was only 110 degrees in St. George today so we've been looking for hats for Kori because there will be several games over the next few days (and next weekend in Park City).  


And, of course, she will be there cheering Garrett and his team on.
That's a cute smile for sure.
She is starting to look like herself more and more everyday.

PS....  Pedalz was Kori's camp name.
All of the 16 year old girls in our stake were given camp names and they were
bestowed upon us based on our personality traits (or so they said).

Kori was Pedalz because she was BIG TIME into mountain biking...

I thought it might be fun, if you used to be in our Corona California Stake to comment your camp name and remind us why you were named that.   Tag someone who's comment you don't see....  Let's see how many Corona Stake Girls we can hear from.

I, Kaci, was Krinkles because I scrunch up my face when I smile and when I tell animated stories.
And NOW that I am an old lady my Krinkles have become Wrinkles.
So,  so  sad.


4 comments:

  1. I'm Doily. I was given this name when I was 16. When I was given the name I was told it was because I like feminine things and they thought I was dainty like a doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rapunzel! Ah, Camp Liahona ruled!! Kori you look stronger and stronger with each post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Tinkerbell. Notice I said "IS", our camp name will always remain, no matter how old we get ;-). Not sure why I got that name, something about flitting from here to there super fast and fixing things. Noelle Jennings presented my name to me. Such a happy memory🎈

    ReplyDelete
  4. BeeBop here! Because I LOVE to dance and I always wear HUGE sunglasses that make me look like a bug! I am on a HAT mission! Gonna find some cute ones for Kor. I for one LOVE hats! this will be so fun.

    ReplyDelete