Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday

Today consisted of more therapy.
This is Kori's Physical Therapist, Kim.
Who apparently is amazing.
She made significant progress and gained a lot of confidence today in therapy.
Mom was her tour guide this rainy, Friday afternoon.
All by herself, she loaded Kori in the car, then the wheelchair, drove over to rehab, unloaded the wheelchair, unloaded Kori, successfully wheeled her down to therapy,  helped her to the bathroom and then......DROPPED HER ON HER CAN ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR.

So much for the gained confidence

"It wasn't a hard fall", so she says.
"She just kinda slid down the wall"

Hmmmmmm........Sounds kinda fishy to me 

Then she added...
"I swear there were angels all around me helping me pick her up because I shouldn't have been able to do that by myself"

I said...
Oh please let me put that on the blog

She said "Oh I don't care, it doesn't matter to me.
She wasn't hurt.
It happened at 10:00am
and there have been no problems so far.
I think something would have shown up by now if she was hurt."

Okay, that's good
Knowing that allows me to envision the scene...
Mom: (super reluctant and nervous... ) props her up on the bathroom wall...  next to the paper towel dispenser and says...  wait here while I go choose the cleanest stall and I'll tidy it up a bit for you...  wait here, don't go anywhere, I'll be right back...
And she shuffles off to freshen things up...

And Kori feels herself starting to lean a little and does her best to stop it, but everyone knows a towel dispenser is super hard to grasp on to if you feel yourself going down in a bathroom.
I personally know this from experience.
But I have digressed.

And then she says
"HEEELLLPPP  MEEEEE...  I'm sliding....  down ....  the ......  wall"
And naturally, this part is in slow motion for dramatic effect. 

And Nancy says "what, you're what?"  really loudly in the echo-y bathroom and frantically tries to make it back to her in time to catch her
but sadly, it's too late

And most likely Mom said a swear word, maybe out loud, but for sure in her mind. 
And I bet they both started cracking up.  Because luckily for everyone who has dropped her so far, she doesn't seem to hold grudges...  she just laughs.

And then I bet Mom sat next to her on the floor and said "well....  what do we do now?"

    ~And I'm sure I will hear something like...   "that is not at all how it happened"....  But this is called poetic licensing and no matter what the truth really is, I guarantee,  my version is better~
Then this evening, she was able to go to Garrett's Game.  
I tried to post the video that Russ took of her walking, it is so sweet.
But, I couldn't get it to work... My apologies.  I am from the 80's, which was not the most technical decade.
(But, it had by far the best music.)

Video is on my Instagram
I can't remember if I have posted that she goes up to Huntsman on the 11th.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say...

Happy Weekend.

4 comments:

  1. It's true...your version is much better. I laughed when I read it but in real life...not so much. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kori!! You're a rock star! I'm Jill's sister and still remember what great neighbors you were and grant and amber making a pack to get married when they were in Kindergarten! (Ha!) I've read the blog everyday since she told me about it (from the beginning!) first, thanks to your awesome family for keeping the updates coming. Second, thanks Kori for being so strong, faithful, funny, beautiful and determined. If anyone can do it, I know you can! Just thought I'd let you know you're thought about and prayed for often, all the way from Keene, NH!! Keep up the great work!! You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent storytelling!! Quite a pickle for them to be in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your version. Love momma and son at his game.

    ReplyDelete