Monday, June 29, 2015

Garrett and Grant

I keep forgetting to post this picture.  
Russ secretly snapped this photo of Grant performing his priesthood duties at church a couple of Sundays ago.
And it cracks me up every time I look at it and I have looked at it like 100 times.

It's so hard being the "program passer outer".
Old ladies talk to you
Old men want to shake your hand
And you have to open the door for all of the disruptive people
It's tough work and can be exhausting.

I really love this kid.
He said the cutest thing the other night when every one was over for Father's Day.
We were watching the Golf Tournament
And all of the sudden all the men started yelling
"He lost a stroke, he lost a stroke."
And Grant, very quietly and under his breath said...
"I wish Mom would lose a stroke"

Like I said, I love this kid


Additionally, we know that Kori would want everyone to know that Garrett has hit TWO home runs in the last two weeks and that he was selected to the American Legion All Tournament Team this past weekend.  He's such a great kid.


 Russ was able to go to therapy with Kori today for a little while.
It was good for him to see the things that he can do to not only increase her strength
but encourage and inspire her.

 I think in this photo here, he's telling that guy that he caught a fish "this big"
 And I love how Kori and Russ coordinated their outfits
so they could be twinners at therapy

And then mom snapped some photos at Garrett's game.
It was only about 95 degrees tonight with some lightning and occasional thunder.

And some positive news.
The speech therapist will only need to see Kori once a week now because she has either met or exceeded what is required for her to show that she is "with it".
This is great news for Kori
She hates speech therapy
Just clicking off the milestones one by one.

1 comment: