Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8th, 1996

The month of June is a crazy month for our family.  We celebrate 4 birthdays,  Father's Day and 3 anniversaries.  Kami and I were married 7 years ago (me to Raleigh and Kami to Brent) a day apart.  And Kori and Russ were married 19 years ago today.  

I remember June 8, 1996, like it was yesterday. We all traveled down to the San Diego Temple.  It was a beautiful day.  The sky could not have been bluer.  And Kori's hair could not have been bigger.  It was perfect.  

It was so fun to look back on the photos of that day and remember how young they looked.  
Russ looks like Garrett.  Like a lot.  
 Here she is with her bros...  Ted Jennings, Carl Whittaker and Jamie Webb.
Still to this day, they are in her life
What a fabulous bunch of guys

 They had a little program and the cultural hall was standing room only
I sang "Love will keep us alive" by the Eagles
with my really good friends.  Still to this day, when I hear that song,
I tear up.  I remember the harmony I sang.  And how I thought...  Love is really all we need,
most of the time.
 I reserve the right (as the author) to get to say
that the MATRON of HONOR there in the totally out of place, blue 
dress was six months pregnant and retaining a lot of water



While I was reminiscing, I found these gems
 1996
This is what Russ looked like the first time we met him
1995
Long hair down to his shoulders, that he used to flip back and forth like a cool, classic rock, turned semi preppy after his mission, 80s dude.  And Kori with the fabulously popular poodle permed hair with bangs to heaven.

What a crack up

I also found this classic
Two days before I gave birth.
1994
(My word, there has never been a day that I have not been pregnant.) 
Gathered around a pan of brownies
Kori volunteered to be my nurse for my first baby and was there for the entire birth
And I COULD NOT have done it without her.  

One of my very favorite photos of the six of us.
2008

Let's bring it back to good ole 2015

Kori was in physical therapy for three hours today.
She worked hard strengthening her arms and legs 
And...
It's so hard when you aren't there knowing what is going on...
But that apparatus just looks like 2 chairs supporting a foam roll
 And one might ask himself...  what is that for?  What does that do?
 But clearly the guy in the red there is explaining...
"I thought of a great idea...
I made some fake stirrups out of this ace bandage here....
and now you can work on your rodeo skills.  I will have you 
barrel racing in no time."
Look at that intense leg muscle.  


So tired after a hard days work.

Happy Anniversary Russ and Kori
I personally want to say to Russ....
Thank you for loving my sister for nearly half of her life, although I know it hasn't been too hard because I've done it for her whole life. 


3 comments:

  1. You never know when you're gonna need rodeo skills.
    I totally took that photo with the brownies. Those were good times. I flew down to Cali a few times and you littles let me tagalong and be a part of things. And I love you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, Kori and Russ! I love all the wedding photos. You three girls were darling then and you are so now. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy anniversary to Kori and Russ. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember when Russ came to pick Kori up for their first date...she was avoiding going out with him and killing time playing with some cat on campus. Poor Russ sat on our couch for at least an hour while I completely ignored him watching CMT! He was patient with her then and he is still today.
    As the CO-author (kind of) of this blog I would like to point out how FABULOUS MY hair was! I would give ANYTHING to have that afro-hair again. However...did you see the size of that NOSE!!! "Hey who mows your nose hair?" No wonder that thing has been broken so many times.
    I also would like to point out how nice it was to always have Kaci's retainer join us at the dinner table. The things we do for a beautiful smile.
    Kori is working so hard. I am sure she is exhausted most of the time. I hope that she and Russ were able to celebrate 19 years of love by sleeping!

    ReplyDelete