Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Today is the day!!

Today is SURGERY DAY! 
Although we have been anxiously awaiting surgery day now that it is here I'm not sure I am too thrilled about it. Surgery regardless is a scary thing. Brain surgery is FRIGHTENING!...to say the least!

Last night mom and Dad, Kori and Russ went to Olive Garden for the last dinner before the surgery and fast began.
If I know my sister she ordered the salad without dressing, the bread without the butter and garlic salt and the HEALTHIEST soup.

Last night Kori also had an HOUR LONG MRI! Bless her heart! As if she hasn't been through enough this week.
But see the smile on her face! 
AMAZING!

She arrived at MD Anderson at 5:15 am Texas time.


They began prepping her for surgery!



More pokes, more needles, more bruises.




I am guessing that "YES" means..."This is the side we are supposed to open up". 
You know safety first of course!
When you do three of these babies a day, at least, you may tend to get patients mixed up. We would hate for them to remove a limb or something by accident!

Last shot before they took her back.


She is now in surgery.
Dr. Roa said her tumor is the shape of an "upside down bowling pin" and that it is about the size of 3 golf balls!

Estimated time of surgery 8 hours!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this blog and keeping us all updated!! I get on all the time to check for updates, since Kori is never off my mind. Hope today goes well. Love and prayers. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the updates so much! I will most definitely be checking this blog out throughout the day for updates and I will be praying for throughout the day too! I can only imagine the anxiety that she must have felt as the prepped her for surgery and yet she still seemed calm and happy! Amazing! Sure love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers for sweet Kori! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete