Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Update we DID NOT want!

I apologize for the late update. We know so many of you are standing by waiting, hoping, praying just like we had been doing ALL day yesterday.

Unfortunately we got an update that we had NOT HOPED FOR. Many family members, especially Kori's sweet kiddos needed to hear first hand instead of reading it on a blog post so I delayed until I was given the "ok". Which I have now been given.

Kori's tumor IS malignant.

Our family is heartbroken, devastated, shocked...to say the least...however still hopeful and full of faith.

Dr Rao was able to remove 80% of the tumor yesterday. The rest will need to be treated with radiation and chemotherapy when she returns home. We are not sure when that will be yet. Hopefully in a week or so.

Russ, mom and dad were able to visit with her a bit last night.

Mom said she was "tired but coherent. She was so sweet".

As of last night...my last update Kori still does not know the outcome of surgery. Although Kaci said "I am sure the spirit told her long ago and has prepared her for this".

I believe this is the case.

Please continue to pray for Kori...she will need your prayers more than ever now!...as will the rest of us!

7 comments:

  1. Love you all and we will continue to pray! Devastating news, but Kori is strong!! If anyone has fight to beat this, it would be Kori! Let us know how we can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this news. Lots of LOVE and prayers for Kori and your entire family!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know Kori well but what I do know of her and what I've been told about her, I know if anyone can do this she can! I know she's an amazing woman full of courage and strength! Our hearts are so sad to hear of this news! Our continual thoughts and prayers are with her and all of you! Please let us know how we can help!

    All My Love,
    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that is not good news! Thanks for the update. Praying all day, everyday for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What disappointing news, we will continue to pray and have hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kori is a warrior. I know she will fight this with her quiet determination and optimism. God bless Kori, Russ, and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete