Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Update....

Kori completed speech therapy on Monday.
Her therapist said her cognitive skills had not diminished at all during her treatment.  
She is also starting to talk quite a bit more and is starting to act like herself more everyday.

She wasn't too fond of Speech Therapy anyway,
so this is good news.

Every year our family goes up to Pine Valley in August 
This year was no different.
We are glad that Kori is willing to venture out and keep our family traditions alive.
It was beautiful up there and the weather was perfect


 We ate a ton of food
and celebrated a birthday


And played charades...
We always make Mom and Dad be on a team together because it is the funniest thing EVER.
One team member has the word and they hold it up to their forehead
and their partner has to act it out for them to guess...

And as luck would have it...
Mom held up the word "pole dancer"
and Dad acted it out
and the rest of us fell on the ground laughing

My dad pole dancing is by far the greatest thing I have ever witnessed in my life
He was so focused and serious about it too.
I hope I NEVER get that image out of my head. 
It will help if I am ever having a bad day.

Then on Tuesday, Russ was nice enough to come over to our ward and teach the priests about Fly Fishing.  He is so knowledgable and interesting when he talks about his passion.
He has been all over the world and when I say all over the world I really mean it.
It was so nice of him to take time away from his family who really needs him, to come over and teach a class.  Thanks Russ.   





3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see Kori making such amazing progress. I wouldn't expect anything less. As a teacher I am inspired that all of you are such amazing parents and are continuing to raise amazing kids. There is no substitute for good parenting, teachers and coaches can only do so much. I thank you all for fighting the good fight! Keep it up Kori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often and am so glad that things are moving in a positive direction! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you often and am so glad that things are moving in a positive direction! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete