Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Headwraps, Hats and Haircuts.....

Yesterday marked the exact half way point
through Kori's chemo and radiation treatments.
We are on the downward slope.
The radiation tech at Dr. Richard's office said that their patients tell them that 
the second half of radiation treatment
goes much faster than the first.

Kori continues to feel alright physically
(alright being such a relative term)

She is still struggling emotionally
especially as she has started losing her hair.
Large amounts of hair.
She was very sad on Sunday
And so Mom called in the Troops
(aka  "Kami the Flamboyant")

Kami has a sense of style that ONLY Kami can pull off.

Here she was last year at Mom's birthday celebration.
She strutted in like she owned the joint.
And every eye was on her.

Notice that one of these is NOT like the others.
Conservative, Conservative, Conservative and 
Wham Bam They Call Me Kam

I called her "Erykah Badu" all night
And every time she turned to talk to me,  I got a face full of
gigantic blue head wrap bow.

The truthful secret is we are all really just jealous that we don't have the confidence
to walk into a public eating establishment
in a get-up like this.
Nevertheless, she has accumulated quite the assortment of
head-to-dos
and she brought them over to Kori's house this morning and 
had some fun




 I am being totally honest when I say this...
When I see women at the store wearing head wraps
obviously cancer stricken...
I think 
"Well there goes a woman with a thousand times the strength that I have
and who, I am certain walks daily with Jesus."
I think their faces are beautiful

.........................................................

 Later today Jan Fausett invited Kori over to her new hair salon 
Solutions 
and Jan cut Kori's hair shorter
and styled it.

Thank you Jan, she looks darling.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Kori...She was a trooper but I just know she really wanted to say..."No way in HELL will I ever wear these ridiculous head-wraps of yours, you CRAZY large-bow wearing, little headed sister of mine". None the less I enjoyed forcing her to try them on and showing her all the HUNDREDS of ways to wear them.
    I really love the new do. I think it will look especially darling coming out of the hats that she will most likely choose to wear instead of following in the fashion footsteps of her younger sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was a fun day trying many new things. Today has been even more fun as she is showing signs of significant physical improvement. Some days it's hard to see but then we have a break through day and something BIG happens...that's today and we are thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing hair must be so hard. I am sorry for all the ladies this has happened to. There is a gal in our stake in a similar situation-brain cancer and now she is bald. Her husband shaved his head too! I'm not suggesting Russ do that by ANY means. I just think we struggle with how to show our support and sorrow for all the suffering of loved ones when there is so little that can be done to take away their pains. Maybe since Kori has so much hair she won't lose it all?!!
    It's wonderful to hear there are leaps forward some days. For as hard as she works it would be nice if every day was a leap forward.
    Sending love to the Little Clan!

    ReplyDelete